ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Animation in After Effects?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles FerranAnimation in After Effects?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 5:33:53 pm

Hello all, wanted to know if maybe there was a plugin or preset or basically any easy way to create cartoon like animation. Like have a stick figure wave etc. Up until now I've just created each frame of the thing I'm animating in illustrator and only showing it for a frame, that works fine when all you're doing is a blink or smile but now I need to do two solid minutes of animation, I've been eyeing the program toon boom, would that serve me better for what I'm trying to do? To be more specific I'm trying at first to make a stick figure walk and wave and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it! Any help would be awesome, thanks!

Return to posts index

Richard HarringtonRe: Animation in After Effects?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 7:42:39 pm

Plug in... no

Do a search for "walk cycle" and "After Effects"

you will also find stuff in Flash for this...

There are hundreds of ways to do this.. I'd recommend Angie Taylor's book on After Effects for more on animation.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Animation in After Effects?
by on Dec 6, 2009 at 8:42:42 pm

To add to what Richard suggested:

The Puppet tools are great for character animation.

Also, I agree that Angie Taylor's work is among the best for showing how to do character animation. There's a link to one of her chapters on the subject on this page.

Here's an After Effects Community Help search for 'character animation' that should point you down the right path.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved