ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

better way to work in AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrerobetter way to work in AE
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 12:20:49 pm

Hi everyone,

i have several doubts about how to composite my project, cause i have been reaseraching information about it on internet,and in webs like this great site, beu I cant get a clear idea.

I am working in a commercial of 27 seconds of duration. The way i work, is doing every effect in differents projects, and after that in a main project import them and in the end blend them all together, in order to create what i expect.

I work with quarter resolution, all efects from any layer disabled and every layer in draft. but still sometimes my computer work quite slow. I have setup my Ram preferences with 200% in maximum use of memory.

Besides, i have use the secret preference ti purge frames in order to get a faster previews...

Have anyone more suggestions for me to work faster with my computer??

P.D: sorry about my english, I am from Spain...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: better way to work in AE
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 4:06:44 pm

Well, you know, those Apple II computers only have a 1 mHz processor in them, so things are bound to be slow.

....oh, you say you don't HAVE an Apple II? Then perhaps you should tell us what you do have. Details are good.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: better way to work in AE
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 4:12:45 pm

In case the sarcasm doesn't translate well, all Dave is doing is asking what kind of computer you have. Specifically we need to know what operating system you're using, what version of After Effects, what processor you have, how much RAM you have, and any other information you can give about your system.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho GuerreroRe: better way to work in AE
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 5:41:47 pm

thanks for replying, jeje dont worry I have understood all properly...

Well last year i had a problem with Powerbook G4 and i right now i am running my laptop with only 512 mg and with AE 7. I know it is quite crazy, cause Adobe recommends at least to have 1 Gb of Ram, but it looks like apple doesnt make my kind of memory ram for my laptop anymore...so until the next computer it looks like i have to work in this conditions...

For that reason , i was thinking if the way i am working is the best...

thanks

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:26:45 pm

I'm sorry, but with that pitiful amount of RAM, you will be lucky to do anything. The operating system and After Effects probably use up all the RAM. You might look at your Disk Cache settings.

Your work -- if you will be able to get any done at all -- will go very, VERY slowly.

I can understand why Apple doesn't have have memory chips for your model of laptop, but someone must have them.... and you must find that person.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:54:48 pm

yeah , I know, it is quite a disaster... but anyway my laptop is not old...

but the main question for me was in the beginning, how would you recommend to work?

I mean..creating every effect in differents projects, and after that, import them in a main project and blend them??

Or should i use proxies from the differents projects, and after that, blend them in the main project??

Thanks¬°!¬°

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2009 at 7:16:14 pm

With your tiny amount of RAM? Probably the first choice. I assume you will use the smaller projects to create and RENDER layers for use the main project, and then use the newly-rendered footage in the main project for final compositing only.

Even then, you may not be successful. I have a cellular phone that has more memory in it than your laptop.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

by on Dec 2, 2009 at 8:33:16 pm

Yeah , that was what i was doing, and I had the doubt if I were doing right...

I should a phone like yours! jeje

Thanks a lot for replying and resolve my doubt!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]