ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David YowellProblem with keyframes
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 6:19:42 am

I am a relative rookie to AE, but I have been successful with quite a few projects. However, I am having a problem with setting keyframes. I have project that is 640x480. I have a JPEG of a brick wall that is about 1000x800 and it has some pictures that look as if they are hanging on the brick wall with nails in them. I want to show each of these pics so I began the project by setting a keyframe at frame 1. I zoomed in on the pic in the far right-hand corner. I then moved the CTI to about 5 seconds and zoomed out of the pic. However, when I zoom out, the edge of the bricks could be seen and I didn't want that. So I panned a little to the left set those keyframes. Here's where my problem lies. When it zooms out of the first picture, you can still see the edge of the bricks and then it moves over. My question is, what am I doing wrong. I want it to zoom out and still just see the bricks, not any of the background.

I know that I'm doing something really stupid here, but I just can't figure it out. I would appreciate any help that you can give me.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem with keyframes
by on Dec 2, 2009 at 4:03:03 pm

To pull this off, don't animate the Position property, animate the Anchor Point.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David YowellRe: Problem with keyframes
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 3:38:46 am

Thanks for your response Dave. I tried what you said, but didn't have any luck. I'm probably not explaining myself very well. Here's what's happening.

I have a JPEG brick wall that's a little bigger than the project that I'm working on. On the Brick wall are 11 pics that look like they are tacked onto the wall with drop shadows behind them. All of this is one JPEG that I did in Photoshop. I begin the project with a closeup of one of the pics an slowly scale back so that the pic is still the only thing on the screen, just not as much as a closeup as the beginning. This runs for about five second. Then in 15 frames, I move to another pic on the wall and scale it so that it's the only thing in the picture. I do the same thing with this pic in that I slowly scale it for about five seconds and then quickly go to another pic within 15 seconds. I want to do this for all of the pics.

So Dave, here's my problem. When I'm working on the pics in the corners, after I set the keyframes, as I scale out, it keeps showing a little bit of the black, outside of the brick wall. I can't figure out why. I know this is confusing, but if you have any ideas, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Problem with keyframes
by on Dec 3, 2009 at 9:47:58 pm

You'll have to either slow down the scaling or play with the Bezier handles on your motion path so this big picture stays within the comp.

http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1250484

Or you could move those pictures on the wall so they aren't so close to the edges.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]