ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Please, my sound card is being crippled!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richie Tovell
Please, my sound card is being crippled!
on Nov 28, 2009 at 11:35:15 pm

I cant take it any more! :(

Every time I open AFX listen to what happens to my audio. http://dl2.musicwebtown.com/rip_the_cut_/playlists/283991/2964410.mp3 Windows media player + AFX opening!

I have to listen to this every few minuets, it's driving me mad, no matter what I do I cant get rid of these audio buffer underuns, I've just spent another grand on this machine and still I have to put up with it, this is *%^$!! :(

Not only that but there's close to 8 grand of sound equipment rigged up to this machine and I'm really worried that I may be doing serious damage to it, Please, can someone help me fix this. . .

specs.

I7 quad 3.06 hz
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5P
12 gig DDR3 Ram
XP-Pro 64
Edirol UA 101
HD4870 x-fire
Alesis Multimix 16
Intel X25M SSD
Event TR8 monitors
Access Virus Polar
e-mu PS12
(Vintage)
Roland RE 101
Mu-tron Bi-phase.
AR 2A 10's

What is it, is it Adobe? XP Pro 64? I'm completely stumped, my only option is to increase my buffer size (which is just ridiculous workaround) the whole point of having an i7 is that it's fast, I shouldn't have to add latency to this system for it to run properly, I'm really angry about this, it's not my card or my PC it's sloppy programming by Adobe and Microsoft.

I've tried everything!!

I give up :(

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Richie Tovell
Re: Please, my sound card is being crippled!
on Nov 29, 2009 at 1:25:40 pm

Thought I'd update this post.

Disabled the onboard sound in the Bios (first improvement) this helped quite a lot, then just on a whim went through the device manager looking for stray audio drivers and found a couple of these chappies, (ATI Function drivers for High Definition audio) disabled them and low and behold, crystal clear audio, even when opening AFX with a buffer setting of 7 ms there was absolutely no distortion at al!!!! any lower than this and I get drop outs, but no distortion. I don't know exactly why these drivers are here, I'm assuming they're to do with my ATI Radeon HD 4870's, but why are they there? they're graphics cards not sound cards! so why do they need audio drivers? It's a mystery :)

Coda - musical selections; in film, the ending or last section of a film (often wordless).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Please, my sound card is being crippled!
on Dec 1, 2009 at 4:05:01 pm

Glad to hear you found the problem. I was about to suggest that you may have had older drivers for that audio hardware, and a simple download of newer drivers would be the fix.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]