ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Use After Effects Or Not.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Damon Thomas
Use After Effects Or Not.
on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:06:12 pm

Hello all. I have a DVD of a interview. I want to change the caption(s) that appear under the person being interviewed, i.e. Damon Thomas - Photoshop user to Damon Thomas - Photoshop & Illustrator user.

Is this something After Effects can help me with? I've never used the software before.

Damon

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Use After Effects Or Not.
on Nov 25, 2009 at 4:49:38 pm

You'll have to COVER UP the existing lower-third. You'll put down an opaque bar of color, then put the text over it. You need to hide the existing text. To my knowledge, there is no application that can re-invent video that's been blocked by text.

You should be able to do that in just about any recent and widely-used editing application.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Anders Hattne
on Nov 29, 2009 at 12:40:50 pm

"application that can re-invent video that's been blocked by text."

That made me think of re:vision effects' re:fill plug (which I've never used..) I assume the holes left by the text would be too big to be filled in well though.

http://www.ardillamedia.com

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
on Nov 30, 2009 at 2:49:54 am

One other thing you might try is to blur the lower third/caption, to a degree where the text is very illegible, but you might still maintain the natural colors of the video.

If you did it well, it might work as a nice design element... but it could easily look smudged and half-done, in which case covering it up is a better option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]