ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

parenting text to object in 3D space

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dewan edwardsparenting text to object in 3D space
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:37:54 am

Hi, I tried searching before I posted this. I didn't see what I was looking for or I might have just missed it. Anyway I have a pic in 3d space positioned towards the back of my comp. The camera movement starts at this picture then moves back revealing other pics. I decided I wanted to add text laying flat on the bottom next to the pics but I didn't want to manually move the text in postion for every pic. I tried to parent the text to the object believing that it would move in the same location. It didn't. I tried to parent the text position to the pics position but that didn't work either. Can someone help me out to want I need to do.

thanks

P.S. the trial ver CS4 doesn't come with CC playground and other CC filters? I was trying to follow a tutorial but I didn't have this on my trial verison.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: parenting text to object in 3D space
by on Nov 23, 2009 at 4:06:39 pm

Position FIRST, and then parent. Life will be good. You can get most of the positioning info you need right from the picture layer in question.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: parenting text to object in 3D space
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 2:48:57 am

I guess I could just manually input the position numbers into the text position. I decide to add text later so I thought you could just parent the position parameters somehow.

thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: parenting text to object in 3D space
by on Nov 24, 2009 at 7:51:24 pm

[dewan edwards] "P.S. the trial ver CS4 doesn't come with CC playground and other CC filters? I was trying to follow a tutorial but I didn't have this on my trial verison. "

Nope. They won't be there. I bet Keylight and Color Finesse are missing, too. They too are from third-party vendors. Hey, it's a tryout version, y'know? What did you expect?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]