ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Working with long movie imports in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chin Park
Working with long movie imports in After Effects
on Nov 21, 2009 at 3:20:52 am

Hi, when you have bunch of long movies that each may have multiple scenes you want to use, do you import them into AE and deal with finding the scenes there, or do you cut them out and import each of the scenes?

And any pro tips on efficiently working with long movie clips in general? I'm trying to make a short video from multiple long movies that each have many frames I may want.

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Working with long movie imports in After Effects
on Nov 21, 2009 at 2:33:05 pm

If you have acces to video editing software, you might want to cut up the movies there before importing only what you need into AE.

A useful feature for working with large video files is using low-rez proxy files to work with then replacing them before final render. Info on proxies is here:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSB356ACD2-AF59-4604-B378-31D6...

Some other useful AE features you may want to look into are: region of interest, draft quality, adjustment layers, precomposing, etc.

Finally, if you need to do any more with the audio than basic editing, you may want to consider doing that in audio software.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Working with long movie imports in After Effects
on Dec 3, 2009 at 10:39:33 pm

I agree with David. After Effects is not editing software, it is for motion graphics, effects, and compositing. While you could edit in it; it's definitely not recommended.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]