ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE and interlacing

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt RadbourneAE and interlacing
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 2:42:49 pm

Hi there
I hope you can help so I'm not fired this afternoon :)

I have a 25fps 1920x1080 animation that I created in AE. I want the output to be progressive so I rendered it using the 'Best Settings' preset (so the 'Field Render' option was set to off). When I drag this clip into Final Cut Pro, it changes the Sequence settings to match the clip and it sets the interlacing to top fields first instead of progressive. I have tried changing the FCP sequence to 'no field dominance' and the fields look jagged. What could I have done wrong?

Thanks

Matt Radbourne
Media Designer
CEM, UK

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: AE and interlacing
by on Nov 16, 2009 at 4:16:34 pm

[Matt Radbourne] "When I drag this clip into Final Cut Pro, it changes the Sequence settings to match the clip and it sets the interlacing to top fields first instead of progressive. I have tried changing the FCP sequence to 'no field dominance' and the fields look jagged."

Have you looked at these two conditions ON A VIDEO MONITOR?

Because you are most certainly aware that you can make no judgments about image quality based on those little pea-shooter viewers in FCP, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Matt RadbourneRe: AE and interlacing
by on Nov 22, 2009 at 12:37:28 pm

No, Dave. I haven't looked at the non-interlaced footage on a video monitor.
Please don't overemphasise. It makes me cry :)

The final output is to be played on a monitor using Quicktime. How is the FCP monitor or an external progressive monitor going to differ from, say, PVP or Quicktime player?

Matt Radbourne
Media Designer
CEM, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]