ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Deniz Nasifsound????
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:43:42 pm

Hi People,

I'm new to after effects and having a serious problem regarding sound.

I have a series of quicktime mov files. The sound of all of these files is fine when played in quicktime, but when i import them into after effects, the sound is present for the first 1 and a half to 2 minutes of the footage then it cuts out!!!! This seems to be the case for all the files.

Can anybody help me out on this please??????

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: sound????
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 9:37:59 pm

What kind of files are these, what codec do they use, and is the audio compressed in any way?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Deniz NasifRe: sound????
by on Nov 12, 2009 at 9:53:42 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that it was a codec issue (H.264). I resaved the file in quicktime as an MP4 file and that seemed to sort it.

However, seeing as we're on the subject of sound, I have some footage which features somebody talking but also has some subtle background music. Is there a way I may be able to reduce the bg soundtrack but keep the talking, or is this something that after effects cannot handle???

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: sound????
by on Nov 13, 2009 at 2:38:08 pm

Can't be done in AE. If the interview used a directional mic., you could use only that channel-and center pan. But if the music is mixed into both sides, you are pretty much stuck with it.

If it's been edited-you could request a clean version. Otherwise you would need to jump into a audio program, try and isolate the frequency of voice and eq the rest out, but that will result in distortion of the voice...

Pretty much you are stuck with the bkg music.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved