ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

help with a couple of affects on youtube kinetic typography video (let the frummer kick)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sundeep kahhelp with a couple of affects on youtube kinetic typography video (let the frummer kick)
by on Nov 4, 2009 at 3:38:43 pm

Hi, i would like if some could help me figure out how some of the effects are done on this youtube video. specifically at 30 seconds when it goes from text to a white line and then transforms into text again. Also at 40 seconds when the word HUMILIATION shatters and turn into little pieces and another words comes out.

I'm quite new to after effects and any help will be usefull, thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: help with a couple of affects on youtube kinetic typography video (let the frummer kick)
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 5:11:19 am

This whole video is a combination of fairly simple effects executed very well.

It is the product of much planning.

The white line "turning into text" is just a white line, then some text, then some white lines added to the text. This could be emulated by a mask on a white solid, some text and more masks (and more white solids)

The text disintegrating could be done with several different pieces. The original text made to disappear through some sort of gradient wipe (or shatter). Some particles on top of it. (different layers for debris and dust). Then some particles and a separate layer for the growing new letters.

This was a very creative piece and the creator is to be admired. It's not a quick click in After Effects or a secret plug-in. It's just a lot of work and a lot of pre-planning.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]