ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Font Folder?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Than BaardsonFont Folder?
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 3:53:06 am

I've recently upgraded to CS4 and am running on Vista (waiting on my back-ordered 7).
I'm having trouble finding the Font folder to install some new fonts... any help?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Font Folder?
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:00:46 pm

Sorry, I'm clueless about the Fonts folder on Vista... if Vista's like XP, you can simply do a search for files & folders using the word "fonts", and it will be revealed.

But I have to bring something else to your attention that could be very important: AE9 was released many, many months before Windows 7.

The Adobe guys might be good, but I doubt they have the ability to peer into the future, writing software that would work seamlessly with a new operating system. So before you go installing Windows 7, you might consider visiting the Adobe web site to learn how well the applications work with it.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Font Folder?
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 4:27:16 pm

I don't use Vista, but this should work on any Windows O/S ... go to the root level of your system drive (probably C:) and search for a folder aptly named "fonts" ... it might be hidden by default since it's a system folder so you might have to go to system preferences and check "show hidden files and folders" in order to see it.

BTW, Dave made a very good point and I'll just add my two cents ...

Considering the very short version cycles all software manufacturers are going to in order to boost revenues (and, of course, to be more responsive to user demands), you might want to do a little research before upgrading core software suites ... a quick Google search shows enough buzz about CS5 that we shouldn't be totally surprised if we see it before too much longer. So, if the compatibility check Dave suggested garners less than ideal news about CS4 with Win7, you could delay your upgrade plans slightly ... perhaps continue with CS4 on Vista until you upgrade to CS5 and put that on your new Win7 system instead of clogging up a system with a new O/S by installing two different large software suites within only a few months.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved