ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animation Codec?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter ChambersAnimation Codec?
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 3:12:38 pm

Hi guys,

I'm trying to export to After Effects' "Animation Codec" as per several posts I've seen online, but I can't seem to find it!

I'm using CS3

Export to Render Queue, but under "Render Settings" and "Output Module" there is no Animation Codec. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Animation Codec?
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 4:24:56 pm

The Animation codec is a QuickTime codec. When you're choosing a format in the output module, choose QuickTime Movie. Then, click the Format Options button in the Output Module Settings dialog box and choose Animation from the Compression Type menu in the QuickTime dialog box that opens.

That said, I prefer the PNG codec for some purposes in my QuickTime movies. They're both lossless, but the PNG codec does a better job of compressing live-action video. The Animation codec is better at compressing large expanses of flat color (like cartoons).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Peter ChambersRe: Animation Codec?
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 4:32:17 pm

Thanks Todd, I am compressing motion graphics, but thanks for the tip on PNG for live action video.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Animation Codec?
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:09:10 am

Todd, When you use the PNG codec, for the "filter" setting, do you use the default "best" or none? I haven't been able to find anywhere what this "filter" setting refers to or the differences between its options.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Animation Codec?
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 4:53:00 am

I have yet to change the filter option from the default Best setting.

Here's a link to a document that explains the filter settings.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Animation Codec?
by on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:51:31 am

Thanks much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]