ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

converting ntsc into pal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Romeo Meierconverting ntsc into pal
by on Nov 1, 2009 at 11:39:18 am

converting ntsc into pal seemms easy but i realized that there is a big problem what sound conserns how do i match sound so that the video plays right please give detailed instructions.

Return to posts index

Michael FolorunshoRe: converting ntsc into pal
by on Nov 3, 2009 at 1:58:49 pm

Hi Romeo,

It's difficult to give 'detailed instructions' or any instructions when your post is so vague. What exactly is the problem? How is the sound not playing back correctly? If you take the time to be more specific then you're more likely to get relevant help.

Michael Folorunsho
Video Producer/Creative Director
Clicktone Media
Creative Dynamic Video Production

Return to posts index

Romeo MeierRe: converting ntsc into pal
by on Nov 6, 2009 at 12:15:05 pm

Well i need to know how to synchronize the sound since it doesn't fit the mouth movement of people speaking>>>I'm working on converting a 2min clip for about a week now and there are no good results

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: converting ntsc into pal
by on Nov 6, 2009 at 5:06:29 pm

To do the job PROPERLY in AE, you need to get a third-part frame rate conversion plugin. ReelVision and Magic bullet both make one. Neither is especially easy to use -- you have to select from a vaiety of motion estimation algorithms -- and they might not work very well in shots with extreme motion.

If you're willing to settle for "it's not perfect but it might do", look up the tutorial on

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved