ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Retro Title Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Haines
Retro Title Graphic
on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:56:34 pm

Trying to create title effect similar to the old title animation from Wayne's World or that you would see on a retro TV show like Silver Spoons.

Here is a reference link

What are some recommendations on how to get those trailing images and manipulate them to chance color etc.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Retro Title Graphic
on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:28:56 pm

Try the Echo effect. Right off the bat, it's the only thing I'm aware of that replicates that old video feedback look.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: Retro Title Graphic
on Oct 29, 2009 at 12:37:27 am

In addition to AE's native Echo effect, there are several third-party plugins that do the same and offer many additional controls ... the Boris Continuum Complete set has two Trails plugins, the Alien Skin set has a Motion Trails plugin and there are a couple others I don't recall right now.

However, I'm just mentioning this as an FYI ... I wouldn't consider it practical to purchase expensive plugin sets just for one relatively simple effect ... most all of them do things AE can already do, just a little faster or better so they're generally more appropriate for folks whose workflow requires a wide range of tools and who already know how to do those things the "old" way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]