ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Retro Title Graphic

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross HainesRetro Title Graphic
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 9:56:34 pm

Trying to create title effect similar to the old title animation from Wayne's World or that you would see on a retro TV show like Silver Spoons.

Here is a reference link

What are some recommendations on how to get those trailing images and manipulate them to chance color etc.

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Retro Title Graphic
by on Oct 28, 2009 at 10:28:56 pm

Try the Echo effect. Right off the bat, it's the only thing I'm aware of that replicates that old video feedback look.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: Retro Title Graphic
by on Oct 29, 2009 at 12:37:27 am

In addition to AE's native Echo effect, there are several third-party plugins that do the same and offer many additional controls ... the Boris Continuum Complete set has two Trails plugins, the Alien Skin set has a Motion Trails plugin and there are a couple others I don't recall right now.

However, I'm just mentioning this as an FYI ... I wouldn't consider it practical to purchase expensive plugin sets just for one relatively simple effect ... most all of them do things AE can already do, just a little faster or better so they're generally more appropriate for folks whose workflow requires a wide range of tools and who already know how to do those things the "old" way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved