ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Title

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben RichardsAfter Effects Title
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 2:59:26 am

How to i export After Effects 'titles' into CS3? Exporting the title simply as a video clip doesn't function as a CS3 title should.

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: After Effects Title
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 11:50:35 am

More info will be needed to understand and answer your question since CS3 is a software suite, not a particular program within that suite so you'll need to clarify where you're trying to export AE titles to.

If you're trying to make titles in AE to go over video in Premiere, Encore, etc., you just need to render the titles to a codec that supports alpha channels such as the QuickTime Animation codec.

Return to posts index

Ben RichardsRe: After Effects Title
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:32:40 pm

I'm using the QuickTime Animation codec, the problem i can't figure out how to put my After Effects title on top of video once in Adobe Pro Premiere CS3. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: After Effects Title
by on Oct 27, 2009 at 6:06:25 pm

You'll still need to be more specific about the issue you're having since all you should need to do is render from AE with an alpha channel codec and put that file on a layer above your video in Premiere ... if that's what you're doing and it's not working, describe the results you're getting so I or someone else can try to figure out what may have gone wrong.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2009 at 10:46:03 pm

I create a Title in After effects render it with Quick Time animation, i than import the video into Adobe Pro Premiere CS3, but it won't function like a "title", i can't place the text on top of video, insert it into the foreground, i'm getting the same results you would if you just placed video clips one layer on top of another, the second clip becomes hidden. Thanks

Return to posts index

by on Oct 27, 2009 at 11:26:13 pm

Ben Richards "the second clip becomes hidden"

That's the only thing you needed to say ... it sounds like you don't really have an alpha channel ... check that your comp doesn't have a black solid at the bottom layer (use the transparency toggle button in the viewer window), then check that you've properly set it up to render with an alpha ... I forget AE's exact terminology, but check everything along the lines of RGB+Alpha, MillionsOfColors+, etc.

Oh yeah ... depending on your software versions, codecs, etc., I suppose it's possible your Premiere needs to re-render in order for the alpha to work.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 12:50:44 am

That's precisely the steps i took, so i tried it once more and it WORKS! I think it was the simple oversight of not saving after i removed the black background before rendering the file, AE seems to render the SAVED project file not just simply the current OPEN file. Which makes sense. Well Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:31:03 am

Ben Richards "AE seems to render the SAVED project file not just simply the current OPEN file"

I thought AE always forces project files to be saved before anything within them can be rendered ... mine does, but I've been using the same workflow and custom render settings so long that I sometimes forget what the default behaviors are.

In my view, always saving before every render is the only way to work and working in a way that forces a save makes it impossible to forget.

Glad to help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]