ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating a line

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda McCormickAnimating a line
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 2:52:08 am

Total newbie here. Here's what I'm looking to do: animate a line or thin band (or thin rectangle) that enters the screen from the left and then rolls all the way to the other side of the screen so that finally you just see one line stretching from screen left to screen right. It seems like there should be a simple way to do this, but I can't figure out what it is. I understand how to animate handwriting by using a mask, and I guess I'm looking for some similar way to do the same thing with just a line. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Animating a line
by on Oct 24, 2009 at 6:20:56 am

Look into using a stroke effect. First draw a line with the Pen tool. Then animate the End property for Stroke.

HTH

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Ted StricklerRe: Animating a line
by on Oct 25, 2009 at 4:15:09 pm

Amanda, there are tutorials on what you want to do right here in Creative Cow, Tutorial Section. I just tried finding one that I have watched twice but now cannot seem to find it. The one I was looking for puts dashes on a map as you travel along. Dashes are easily lines if that is your choice. Sorry I can't find it now but I'll keep looking.

Ted

Return to posts index

Ted StricklerRe: Animating a line
by on Oct 25, 2009 at 4:20:43 pm

Oh, basically, all you do is use the pen tool make a dot on the left of the screen where you want the line to start, then make another dot on the far right of the screen where you want to line to end. I don't remember the import parts though. I need to watch the tutorial again.

Ted

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]