ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Setting an AE Camera the same as my video camera

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Andrews
Setting an AE Camera the same as my video camera
on Oct 18, 2009 at 11:51:53 am

I am a novice and am confused over "Camera Settings".
What information do I need to create an AE camera which has the same 'settings' as my video camera?

For example. For a cheap Flip camera (1280*720px) I know how close an object can be before it is obviously out of focus; and I know the vertical and horizonal angles of view.

In AE 'Camera Settings' window, various other factors can affect the 'Angle of view' (ie. Film size, Focal Length and Zoom). But I don't know what values to give them.

As an additional question: After I create the camera, how should I treat 'real' distances with pixels? For example, if the camera is positioned at "x,y,z" then where would an object appear if it was 2 metres away from the camera or 300mm to the left of center.

Thank you in advance for any advice or pointers.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Setting an AE Camera the same as my video camera
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:10:25 pm

There was just a thread on this forum about this question:
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/966061

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Tim Andrews
Re: Setting an AE Camera the same as my video camera
on Oct 18, 2009 at 5:36:15 pm

My apologies. May I hope for a moderator delete my thread. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]