ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

colors on output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrei Bocharnikovcolors on output
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 4:04:29 pm

Hi to creative community,

I have problem with colors on output. Clip after rendering is very different from the original video. What is the problem?

I am importing P2 MXF file (DVCPRO HD 720p50). I was trying different setting in color management without luck. Output video is always different from the original one when I preview it in QT Player.

MacPro Dual Quad 2.8 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM, Leopard 10.5.7, QT 7.6.2, FCS2

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: colors on output
by on Oct 10, 2009 at 6:28:45 pm

There are some well-known problems with the QuickTime Player misinterpreting gamma information. See this page.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Andrei BocharnikovRe: colors on output
by on Oct 11, 2009 at 9:05:43 pm

Thank you Todd for the response,

that article is too complicated... I will get back to it later. My question is how to setup my workflow to have same colors on output as i had it before i import the clip. In AFX i use only cloning tool to clean the footage a bit and I do not touch colors or brightnes or contrast or gamma at all. But it is really weird to see my clip after AFX so different. It is not only in QT but in Final Cut Pro too.

MacPro Dual Quad 2.8 GHz, 4 GB DDR2 SDRAM, Leopard 10.5.8, QT 7.6.4, FCS3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved