ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

adding a table to AE CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson Mayadding a table to AE CS3
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 7:21:38 pm

Is it possible to add a table to CS3. I am working in 768 x 1320 and want to insert a 5 row 3 column table. I am a novice user of AE and Photoshop and think drawing it out would be too time consuming.

Cheers.

G5, 1.7, 4MB RAM, 30"cine, G4, 1.6 2MB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 5. Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: adding a table to AE CS3
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 7:49:06 pm

[Nelson May] "I... think drawing it out would be too time consuming. "

Sorry, but you'd better fire up the coffee pot, and make sure that Java is good and strong. You'll need it.

As far as I know there is no way to make an instant table. This is, after all, After Effects and not Microsoft Word, and AE is designed for a totally different set of problems and needs.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: adding a table to AE CS3
by on Oct 5, 2009 at 8:39:26 pm

Chris Zwar has a script on his website that is really handy for making a grid of images... which is what I presume you are after.

http://chriszwar.com/wordpress/2008/11/imagegrids/

Or are you looking for something even more simple, just drawing a grid? There's a Grid effect.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]