ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Puppet pins adding rough scraps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James RobertsPuppet pins adding rough scraps
by on Oct 3, 2009 at 12:09:39 am

Does anyone else have a problem with Photoshop graphics having little extra image scraps after using puppet pins to distort it over time? I've tried a couple of tests and both times there were a few spots that render along with the clip to a .mov file. I don't mind it being there while working on the composition, but if it ends up on the render that sort of makes the puppet pins useless. Do I need to create an animated mask to clean up these scraps, or is there a preferred file type to use this way? I used PNG images in these.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Puppet pins adding rough scraps
by on Oct 3, 2009 at 12:53:14 am

Try expanding the mesh a little bit and/or increasing the number of triangles in the mesh.

If the number of triangles is too small, the outline may be too rough, and a little bit of the image may be clipped off and left behind.

See "Work with Puppet pins and the distortion mesh".

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

James RobertsRe: Puppet pins adding rough scraps
by on Oct 3, 2009 at 10:51:22 am

That was it. As soon as I increased the expansion number they hit the road. Thanks, Todd! I have plans to use this process for a number of things, but that would have spoiled it. Now I'm good to go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved