ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to move layers position without disrupting the keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mikko Kovasiipi
How to move layers position without disrupting the keyframes
on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:48:23 am

I'm quite new to the After effects and I haven't figured out how to move a layer after I have animated it? Say I have some logo in the right bottom corner where is some animations and wiggler used but my client needs it to be top left corner and I don't want to animate it again. For now I moved the anchor point, but it doesn't help if I have Rotation animated. So, a bit help?

Mikko K

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
Re: How to move layers position without disrupting the keyframes
on Sep 22, 2009 at 12:50:11 pm

The easiest way is probably to precompose the layer ... then you can move it wherever you want and add additional effects or motion to it in the main comp without anything in the precomp changing.

Return to posts index

Mikko Kovasiipi
on Sep 22, 2009 at 1:55:23 pm

Yeah.. perhaps that would be the easiest way. I just realized another way to do it and it works quite well. I need to select all the keyframes and put the Current time indicator on one of those and then move the layer. All the other keyframes moves with the one you are at. Great!

Thanks anyway. :)

Mikko K.

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
on Sep 23, 2009 at 3:56:53 am

Yup, that's the other main way to do it... I find it slightly annoying, but it works fine, and you get used to it pretty quick :)

Return to posts index

Nezih Kanbur
on Jan 5, 2013 at 1:00:46 pm

I have the same problem but this time I need to scale all the layers. Pre-comping solves the problem of scaling everything about a single pivot point, however there are always additions to the projects so I'll definitely need to de-precomp it.

IS there a way to scale the entire layers around the same center without precomp?

Return to posts index

Tao Lin
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:13:48 am

you can create a null object and make it parent of the layers you want to manipulate

Return to posts index

Menno Weerepas
on Jan 24, 2014 at 1:50:02 pm

Select the the layer position option. Klick and drag one of the white dots in the viewport.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]