ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve CheramyAfter Effects Question
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 4:53:50 am

I am looking for the process that takes a live image, flattens it and makes it part of a flip up book. The effect was used at the end of the Disney Movie "Enchanted".

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: After Effects Question
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:50:33 pm

i'm not familiar with the sequence you refered to, but here is a tutorial that may help you out:

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: After Effects Question
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 9:04:11 pm

It's a fairly simple process to explain, but it takes a long time and a lot of work to accomplish it. Especially at the level Disney achieved. That end sequence was spectacular.
Do a search here at the COW for "The Kid Stays In the Picture". It was a film that used a lot of pictures that were clearly flat moving in 3d.
It's a similar effect.
You basically freeze your frame, export it to Photoshop, extract the images you want to have separated, then recreate the background behind them so they can move without leaving a hole.
It'd be easiest if after you shot your scene, you removed the actors and shot a blank plate. Then, if you want to have other things move, remove them and shoot another blank plate. That way you have background info you can paste in rather than trying to clone it.
In AE then you just move the different layers in 3d space.

I hope this helps

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Richard HarringtonRe: After Effects Question
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 10:29:18 pm

Covered in the Photoshop for Video book and more in depth in video called Motion Control 3D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved