ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE (CS4) Starting new...where to begin?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick OKeefeAE (CS4) Starting new...where to begin?
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 12:30:45 am

I know how to edit video (FCP) and I know music and sound (Logic). Now that I'm getting into AE, I don't know where to start.

I've been looking through tutorials on this site and so far have created a 3D rotating Earth and tried to make a discoball but failed..I'l have to try it

I want to be able to understand why I'm doing what I'm doing in these tutorials so I can logically think my own way through a project. Where should I start?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE (CS4) Starting new...where to begin?
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 1:36:07 am

I recommend working your way through the items in the "Getting started" section here.

(Of course, I would say that, since I maintain that page and wrote a lot of the things that it points to.)

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

anita sanchaRe: AE (CS4) Starting new...where to begin?
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 5:37:09 am

I spent money on sit back with a coffee and just work through the lessons for 1 month and then de register...if you cant afford more months... though I carried on and on for months, learning all sorts of software $25 a month... Also I subscribe to cows tutorials... co pilot.. you tube... the answers are all there. Every morning I spend the first half hour on watching a couple of videos somewhere on google. errrr "my new god' the after effects morning meditation!!!

er and then there are loads of books. ...

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved