ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Sounds effects in animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Syed IqbalSounds effects in animation
by on Sep 12, 2009 at 7:32:14 am

Hi ,

I have a very basic yet an interesting question. I have tried to search Google for tutorials on this subject without luck so far. I want to learn the key techniques of mastering the art of adding sound effects to your animation.

Then I have two more questions that need to be answered as far as background music is concerned:

1-Do PROs first create their animation and then try to find the matching score to it?
2-Do PROs first find their music score (background music) first and they keyframe or merge various elements of their animations?

Like if you take a look at any good demo reel you will notice that visuals somehow match with the background music.

I don't know if I have put this up properly but this is what I want to learn.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Sounds effects in animation
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 2:16:21 am

This is certainly a matter of taste and style, but I prefer to animate to music---i.e., have the music in place before I work on any timing in the motion graphics.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved