ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

easy ease on first frame causing problems

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dewan edwardseasy ease on first frame causing problems
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 4:07:58 am

Hi, just got into AE. I am working on a photo montage. I am using Video copilots suretarget. On the first frame of my still I have the slider set to my first still. It plays fine until I apply an easy ease to it. Then the whole montages starts jumping as if in a back n forth motion. When it gets to the next still it stops and video plays fine. Anyone has any ideas on this. I have removed the easy ease on the first frame so I am good. I am just not sure if you can use easy ease at the beginning of a clip or not. Any thoughts. I am using CS3.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: easy ease on first frame causing problems
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 1:08:13 pm

Yes, you can definitely use easy ease at the beginning of a clip.

I haven't used Video Copilot's suretarget, but that shouldn't matter ... it sounds like you might have a simple keyframe interpolation issue ... try selecting the two keyframes between which the "jumping" occurs, right clicking, changing the interpolations to "linear", then re-applying easy ease to the first one.

To avoid the same issue going forward, you could go into the AE preferences and check the box that says something like "default keyframe interpolation to linear".

Return to posts index

dewan edwardsRe: easy ease on first frame causing problems
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 8:29:17 pm

thanks I'll give that a try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]