ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

render output troubleshoot

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mehol guthrie
render output troubleshoot
on Sep 3, 2009 at 5:31:28 pm

Setup:

A 32 minute quicktime file, approx. 13.5 gigs (footage shot on a Panasonic HVX 200 against a green screen) brought into AE is keyed using Keylight 1.2, a static background image (.tif) is laid behind.

Render setting is Lossless with audio on, and yields an approximated render time of 11 hours.

I am preparing footage to be edited in FCP.

Is this 11 hour estimate a realistic render time for the amount of footage inputed?

Are there more efficient settings that could be applied for this type of video prep? The final product with be compressed to 400 x 225 or 600 x 366 and posted to the web.

I have experimented with cutting the resolution in half and also changing the render settings to draft. Same times are yielded.

Please help.

-mehol-

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: render output troubleshoot
on Sep 3, 2009 at 6:34:07 pm

[mehol guthrie] "A 32 minute quicktime file, approx. 13.5 gigs (footage shot on a Panasonic HVX 200 against a green screen) brought into AE is keyed using Keylight 1.2, a static background image (.tif) is laid behind.

Render setting is Lossless with audio on, and yields an approximated render time of 11 hours. "

Is that IT in the comp? The render time sounds about right if your computer is Power Mac running at 266 mHz with 512 MB memory on OS 8.6. But I don't think that's true.

Assuming your computer is somewhat more up to date, here's my best guess -- TURN OFF OPEN GL FOR RENDERING. It is absolutely useless. It does NOT help you. The guys at Adobe don't even use Open GL for rendering... how's that for a ringing endorsement?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

mehol guthrie
on Sep 3, 2009 at 7:00:56 pm

GL is and has been off.

System info:

Mac OSX 10.5.7

2 x 3 Ghz Quad core Intel xeon

6 G ram

Could it be the way the comp is set to process?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:12:16 pm

[mehol guthrie] "Could it be the way the comp is set to process?"

No, but it could be in AE Preferences. If you don't have enough RAM -- 4GB at the very least -- turn of multiprocessing.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]