ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Creating a text "Wallpaper"

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean McCulleyCreating a text "Wallpaper"
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 2:36:28 am

I want to create a background with text floating by at different depths and sizes. Normally I'd create a bunch of layers of text in my editing program and keyframe each layer. Is there a quick way to do this in After Effects or Premiere CS4? One of my Final Cut friends suggested that I just turn it into a particle and bam! it is done. I've looked through the presets that came with AE. Did I miss it? Any help would be great.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Creating a text "Wallpaper"
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:16:57 pm

hi sean,

yep, a particle system is designed to do what you are looking for. however, they do have a bit of a learning curve, and your system will involve creating a custom 'particle' too.

you might check out this tutorial:

note: for similar tutorials click tutorials, then choose 'particle tutorials' from the categories on the right side.

it uses a plugin called particular to create an effect that sounds a bit like what you are looking for, but with photos rather than text. you would obviously use text layers rather than images to create your custom particles.

if you don't have particular, this can be adapted to cc particle world that comes with ae... to get started, to use a custom particle with that effect, choose particle type: textured square (or textured anything) and then choose the texture layer.

if you decide to go the particle system route, i'm sure you'll have more questions. just post them.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved