ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjustment layer question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxime Marquis
Adjustment layer question
on Aug 24, 2009 at 1:47:33 pm

Hi,

I want to apply some color corrections (levels, curves) on a music video that I edited. The video consists of two scenes, which I edited so they alternate back and forth throughout the video.

To color correct, I was going to use two adjustment layers, one for each scenes, each with different adjustments. Then, I would cut the adjustment layers so they are on top of the scene I want to adjust. (I don't know if I'm being clear, obviously english isn't my main language).

There are many cuts in the video and it would be a long process to cut the adjustment layers for each cut in the video. Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Adjustment layer question
on Aug 24, 2009 at 5:57:53 pm

You've got a few choices here.

1) Cut up adjustment layers as you were planning to do.
2) Render out two copies of the sequence, one with each colour grade and recut them in your editor - where it's probably faster.
3) Create two Animation presets - one for each of your grades. Highlight the layers you want to be one style and apply the preset to them, then highlight the other set.

There are other ways to do it, of course, but the quickest would be to use the animation preset method.

Good luck with your project,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Adjustment layer question
on Aug 24, 2009 at 8:37:03 pm

[Maxime Marquis] "I want to apply some color corrections (levels, curves) on a music video that I edited. The video consists of two scenes, which I edited so they alternate back and forth throughout the video."

If you are bringing in a piece that has already been edited, then you will need to cut something again and again to match the cuts from the edit.

It might be easier to apply the color corrections in your editing application, or to the full clips before editing (save your originals!).

Otherwise, if your edits are in AE, you can pre-compose each clip and apply effects separately.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]