ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Settings preview

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Guilherme PavianiSettings preview
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 3:33:26 pm

I com difficult to make a preview in after.
Happens when I press the shortcut to a 0 RAM preview preview he makes sure.But any change I make in the timeline it loses preview.

This preview is being generated in the green.How do I make a preview that is saved in the project.Not need to be all the time Rendering.Is a kind of preview to the bar in the timeline is blue instead of green.How ??

Already thanks.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Settings preview
by on Aug 19, 2009 at 4:20:45 pm

After Effects keeps a cache of rendered frames. That's the green bar that you refer to.

When you make a change, After Effects recalculates (re-renders) the frames of the composition to accommodate that change.

If there's part of your composition that you're done working on, then maybe you should consider pre-rendering it, so that After Effects doesn't need to keep re-rendering it every time you make a change somewhere else.

from "Pre-render a nested composition":

"If you have a nested composition that you do not expect to work on further, you can save time during each rendering operation by pre-rendering the nested composition into a movie and replacing the composition with the rendered movie. You can still modify the original nested composition, because it remains in the Project panel. If you make a significant change to the original nested composition, just render it again."

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved