ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Lightning effect on body

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe HathorneLightning effect on body
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 5:23:51 am

Hey guys, hopefully you can clue me in. I am a total newb so bare with me. all i want to do is be able to add lightning to my body and then transfer it to a buddys body in a video i made. I have adobe after effects CS3. I used the effects and presets and got the lightning effect i guess my question is how do i add the effect to a a frame for a select time?

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Lightning effect on body
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 7:21:38 pm

The Lightning effect has no control to switch on or off by keyframe.
So put the effect on a black solid, set the layer transfer mode to Add, on top of your footage.

Now keyframe the opacity of that black solid, or simply trim the beginning and ending of the solid's layer in the timeline.

Return to posts index

Joe HathorneRe: Lightning effect on body
by on Aug 16, 2009 at 8:02:37 pm

So when i add it to a black solid how do i know where to put it on my movie? because i need little bits of lightning here and there on my body. but i cant see my body through the black solid to place it at certain points. Im a total newb and havent used anything but FX home before.. The tutorials ive seen are all on how to make the lightning but not how to apply it to certain areas on my body in a movie because they never show that =(

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Lightning effect on body
by on Aug 17, 2009 at 2:18:12 am

As soon as you set the Black solid to "Add" or screen, you can see through it

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 5:32:42 am

ok i got it now thank you! Is there any way to make it so the lightning moves with my leg? or do i have to make compositions for every movement?

Return to posts index

Ryan HillRe: Lightning effect on body
by on Aug 18, 2009 at 3:15:16 pm

Look up how to set keyframes. You can use that to animate the start and end position of your lightning.

Return to posts index

by on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:01:19 pm

Will Do. Thanks for your help guys =)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]