ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Special effects help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin BrownSpecial effects help
by on Aug 9, 2009 at 5:48:34 pm

I'm working on a web series and I would like for someone to help me with learning how to use adobe after effects for different kinds of special effects that will appear over the course of the show. Mainly vampire dusting, magic, the types of things you'd see on Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Charmed. This will be an on going project so I'd probably need help often -- if anyone has AIM please add me at roninwriterx. I'm also on MSN and yahoo so if you have those please drop your name and I'll get in touch. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Special effects help
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 2:21:56 pm has many tutorials that deal with special effects, and i'm sure many of them will be quite helpful. i can't say that there is one for vampire dusting, but there are a few that are designed to effect a layer off in a similar way (the disintegration tut comes to mind) that you can adapt to your needs.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Simon BonnerRe: Special effects help
by on Aug 10, 2009 at 6:50:04 pm

I'd echo Kevin C's recommendation, and I also suggest you check out the podcasts here at the Cow. It's probably not realistic to expect someone to help you out via IM because there are lots of paid courses out there and also a lot of free internet resources.

Simon Bonner

Return to posts index

Filip VanduerenRe: Special effects help
by on Aug 11, 2009 at 1:10:08 am

Also the Film Riot podcast at focuses on horror special effects and show how easy they can be achieved in after effects. + Those guys are hilarious.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved