ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

A Couple of Questions

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Aaron Silman
A Couple of Questions
on Jul 25, 2009 at 9:48:05 am

i thought i had a pretty good computer, i thought it would be really fast, but when i got after effects its RAM preciew isnt working that good.

For instance i bought Evolution from Video Copilot and when i get multiple layers of effects from in on my comp and RAM preview, its starts to render the preview, but it gets to a point where the green bar above the clip where it started Rendering starts moving, like it goes away, and is forever stuck in rendering the whole preview.

Why is this happening?

Second, how can i make After Effects Render better?

here are my computers specs:
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-a6750y/4507-3118_7-33529089.ht...

PS i did look in the AE facts about rendering preformance.

Return to posts index

Stuart Elith
Re: A Couple of Questions
on Jul 27, 2009 at 12:29:42 am

Not entirely clear about what you're describing with the green bar. Are you saying that as you RAM preview, after a while it will stop adding to the RAM preview (shown by the green bar) and taking away the old frames that were RAM'ed? This happens when the computer can't keep everything in the RAM preview, so you have to preview in sections. It happens.

8 GB of RAM is great, but you only have a single processor, it seems (or is that a quad core?). AE can only use a certain amount of RAM per core (i think it might be 3GB?) so the extra isn't being used. If it is in face a multiprocessor, you can go into the AE preferences and enable multiprocessing. I haven't done this so i'm not sure how it works, but my understanding is that it will speed up your previews.

Return to posts index

Aaron Silman
Re: A Couple of Questions
on Jul 27, 2009 at 3:27:20 am

you are correct when decribing my green bar problem, it takes away previously RAMed areas to RAM the next part. Thanks for phrasing it in a way that more people can understand!

And yes, my computer s quad core, i am going to try that multi core rendering that you said. Is there any drawbacks to using it? Also might just get nucleo pro 2, but it doesnt support cs4 yet.

Thanks for the response.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]