ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

What tutorials would you recommend?!

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Thomas Tailford
What tutorials would you recommend?!
on Jun 26, 2009 at 9:53:48 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and also new to After Effects.

I was recommended to come on here by someone who uses the tutorials and forums!

I have checked out a few tutorials so far, but am trying to achieve a few things and wondered if people could point me in the direction I need to be going to make videos similar to this: http://www.totalcombat.tv/

I've checked out some parenting tutorials which have already come in handy, I'm looking forward to learning more about AE & adobe apps!

Thanks,

Tom

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: What tutorials would you recommend?!
on Jun 26, 2009 at 10:36:14 pm

Most of that video is relatively basic. Animation of masks, overlaying of textures, color correction and animation of layers and cameras in AE's 2.5d.

All stuff you can learn about from Adobe's own documentation. Before tutorials make much sense you should learn the basics of the program. If you'd rather be walked through it by a great teacher Total Training is great at teaching the fundamental things about the application.

If you want a more specific walk-through, please specify what part of the video you were interested in emulating. Is it the coloring, the 3d look, the shapes, the textures, the text? All very different tutorials.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Kathlyn Lindeboom
on Jun 27, 2009 at 6:15:36 pm

[Michael Szalapski] "All stuff you can learn about from Adobe's own documentation. Before tutorials make much sense you should learn the basics of the program. If you'd rather be walked through it by a great teacher Total Training is great at teaching the fundamental things about the application."

Be sure and click on the Training button in the interface and then on the rather large Total Training button, so we get credit for your being there. They also have free samples, so you can check them out before you buy anything.

Kathlyn Lindeboom
Mistress of Mmmooooo
Join my LinkedIn network
Join the COW's LinkedIn Group

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Jun 27, 2009 at 5:17:30 pm

Hi..

I subscribe to creative cows podcasts, watch cows tutorials and..... bought loads of books, watch youtube after effects tutorial training.

Even if you only join for 1 month and spend every day on lynda.com its worth it. I did this at first. Sat in bed with the laptop until I was brain dead... brilliant!

Also any training video on net or book from Chad Perkins is well worth sitting with a cuppa tea with..

Good luck

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Thomas Tailford
on Jun 27, 2009 at 5:23:03 pm

Thanks guys, lol just checked out your site anita.

Do you know a good place to download free or buy royalty free music?

I've used revo-stock for 1 video and another beatsuite for 1 music clip.

Tom

Return to posts index

Mike Park
on Jun 28, 2009 at 1:23:46 am

What kind of music are you looking for? videohelper.com has great stuff and it is royalty free and high quality, just not free.

Return to posts index

Everett Bowes
on Jun 29, 2009 at 12:30:19 pm

check out tutorials from http://www.videocopilot.net
they are some of the best out there! and, you'll find some tips in there that are similar to the styles you are trying to achieve.

as for serious training, definitely can't go wrong with Lynda.com
love their online video training!

as for free music, check out http://www.freeplaymusic.com
there's some good stuff in there....

e

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]