ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After effects requirements

COW Forums : Video Copilot

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Nadeem Akhtar
After effects requirements
on May 24, 2009 at 1:14:45 pm

hi, ive just installed after effects on my toshiba laptop, and im just wondering if you guys could tell me how long it takes to render a video? im just messing around at the moment but when i try to render, it takes a second for each frame. for a 10 second clip at 60 frames each its 10 minutes) i have 3gb ram, and an AMD 2ghz dualcore processor. my graphics card is 840 mb ATI radeon.

Return to posts index

Paul Hennell
Re: After effects requirements
on May 24, 2009 at 2:28:45 pm

>How long it takes to render a video?

Afraid that's an impossible to answer question. Use of 3D effects, particles, fractal noise (especially with lots of complexity), general noise/grain effects, size of comp, use of video layers etc etc all change how long the render time will take.

If really simple comps are taking a overly long time you might want to examine your settings (Google around for advice on what they should be given your set-up) but if it's complex renders always take forever.

---
Only in after effects do children get to pick and whip their parents.
http://hennell-online.co.uk

Return to posts index

Nadeem Akhtar
Re: After effects requirements
on May 24, 2009 at 3:00:00 pm

hi, thanks for the reply. im using a template that came on my video copilot dvd. it has all sorts to render. that explains why it takes so long. i think ill just lower the frame rate for now. cheers.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]