ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Resuming a render after rebooting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony McKellin
Resuming a render after rebooting
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:34:44 pm

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to pause an item in the render cue, and resume it after restarting the computer? I've got a large composition rendering that will take around 7 hours and I'm on a tight deadline. I'd like to do the trick that allows after effects to use more than 2 gigs of RAM and hopefully speed it up, but it requires a restart and the render's already about a quarter through. Can anoyone help me?

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Resuming a render after rebooting
on Dec 16, 2008 at 1:05:58 pm

although i don't think you'll get a huge boost from the extra gig of ram that you'll be able to allocate to ae, you should be able to cancel the render in the render queue and ae should add a new render to the queue that will start where the last one was ended (this will of course give you two separate media files, unless you are rendering to an image sequence)....

if you do try this, i would take note of the frame that the first render was canceled on, then if ae doesn't create a new queue, you can manually create a new queue taht starts where the last one finished.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Pronil Halder
Re: Resuming a render after rebooting
on Aug 3, 2019 at 9:14:53 am

You can put your pc in sleep mode instead of reboot. Check out this video tutorial which clearly shows how to do it properly

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]