ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating 3D object from multiple 3D layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yecine Dhouib
Creating 3D object from multiple 3D layer
on Dec 15, 2008 at 10:03:04 pm

Hello,

I'm a beginner in AE and I have just completed the tutorial of the 3d Volume Meter (http://library.creativecow.net/articles/al_khatib_talid/volume_meter.php) ... great tutorial by the way

But i have a question, a the end the 3D volume meter is done by having 4 3D layers ... i wanted to know if there is a way to group or anything else those 4 layer in 1 and then easily duplicate it and use it in other comp

Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Creating 3D object from multiple 3D layer
on Dec 16, 2008 at 8:08:52 am

I'm not familiar with the tutorial and not entirely clear on what you're asking. You can group several 3D layers into one 3D 'object' by pre-composing them (select them and hit cmd-opt-c on Mac or ctrl-alt-c on PC) and collapsing the pre-comp's transformations (search collapse transformations or continuously rasterize in AE help).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Yecine Dhouib
Re: Creating 3D object from multiple 3D layer
on Dec 16, 2008 at 9:15:08 am

thanks it was the continuously rasterize switch that i hadn't turn on that why my precomp object was in 2D

thanks darby

"If transformations are not collapsed, a nested composition that contains 3D layers is rendered as a 2D image of the 3D arrangement, using the default composition camera. This rendering prevents the nested composition from intersecting with 3D layers, casting shadows on 3D layers, and receiving shadows from 3D layers in the containing composition. The nested composition is also not controlled by the cameras and lights of the containing composition."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]