ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Help... my tracker points are drifting.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cow
cow_fan
Help... my tracker points are drifting.
on Nov 6, 2006 at 8:30:06 am

I'm trying to imitate HP's commercial where a guy was holding a picture of himself (actually of his face) and then having the picture pass through his head. I tried masking and using motion trackers (Is that how you guys would do it?). The problem is, my trackers keep on drifting. The targeted pixels were very recognizable so I don't think it's the problem. I tried moving and resizing the trackers but it didn't help. Is there a better method/ program/ technique for doing motion tracking? If you're going to recreate HP's commercial, is this the method that you'll use? Thanks.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
payton
Re: Help... my tracker points are drifting.
on Nov 6, 2006 at 11:48:38 am

its the right method.
show us a picture of your tracking points and we can recommend specific settings for the motion tracker.

greetings,
payton

Return to posts index

cow
cow_fan
on Nov 7, 2006 at 3:07:14 am

How will I attach the picture inside the message box? Or should I create an online webpage and post it there? Sorry, I'm a newbee.

Return to posts index

cow
cow_fan
Re: Here's the picture of my trackers
on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:06:10 pm

Here's the link to my tracking points: http://www.cowfan.bravehost.com/tracker_points.html

thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
payton
Re: Here's the picture of my trackers
on Nov 14, 2006 at 2:47:07 pm

when viewing your attached picture it seems like the tracking points are working.

you will need some tracking markers. there are a view options to get rid of them. you can oversize the attached picture to overlap the tracking markers or paint them out or track other things on it with a one point track.

any more questions?

payton

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Jim Kanter
on Nov 15, 2006 at 1:57:57 am

Something that can help imrpove tracking is to make the image have higher contrast (or even use the threshold effect to make it B&W) and then track the higher contrast corners of the frame. Also consider tracking just the inside corners, not both. And check for smaller than default sub-pixel resolution.

Jim Kanter,
Digital Film Institute
http://www.dfilminst.com

Return to posts index

cow
cow_fan
on Nov 15, 2006 at 12:49:57 pm

thanks jim. But what do you mean by "tracking just the inside corners, not both."

to payton, yes they look like they're working in that picture but when in motion, the picture seems to wiggle while in its path. Also, is there a way to do that same tracking when everything in the background is lightly colored or white? I tried it and the trackers where drifting at the first inches of motion. I also tried it while i'm wearing a blue shirt with a blue wall at my back. Same thing happened. thanks.

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
payton
on Nov 15, 2006 at 4:52:53 pm

trackin isn

Return to posts index

cow
cow_fan
on Nov 15, 2006 at 9:32:24 pm

Thanks payton. I'll try them.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]