ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Audio Spectrum Edges height down to 0

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
zakaria elyazghi
Audio Spectrum Edges height down to 0
on Jun 8, 2016 at 11:50:16 am

Hi,

I'm new here, still i've been thought this forum many times and was so helpful so i want to thank everyone.

well, lately I've been Trying to produce a simple Spectrum, using Audio spectrum in after effect I set the frequency between 1 and 200. What bothering me is that toward the end, the bands are really heigh ,while at the beginning the bands height is 0.

Is there any way, so i can get the bands at the end fall to 0, so i have like the spectrum edges aren’t moving at all.

P.s. I tried High-low pass for the audio so I can conserve only the range frequency between 1 and 200 but the end edge still moving. maybe am doing it wrong?

Anyway thanks you so much for the help.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Audio Spectrum Edges height down to 0
on Jun 8, 2016 at 3:06:44 pm

I recommend that you use Adobe Audition to make adjustments to the audio frequencies. Then export an aiff or wave file from it for use in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

zak elyazghi
on Jun 8, 2016 at 3:15:11 pm

Thank you for your suggestion, can u explain me more what kind of adjustment exactly? knowing that what am after is a a spectrum with fixed/stable edges (height equal 0) while the movement is happening inside.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 8, 2016 at 4:12:26 pm

Audition has many more tools to adjust audio frequencies, and will most likely be far more accurate, especially if you're working with compressed audio... which you SHOULD NOT use in AE. Export the modified audio file from Audition in either wav or aiff for use in AE.

AE is one of the planet's worst audio tools. I suppose a word processor would be worse, but not by much.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Jun 8, 2016 at 5:18:42 pm

You need to apply a low pass and a high pass filter to cut out the low end and high end frequencies (in Audition or equivalent).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]