ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

2-part question: AE CS6 Windows 10

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John OBrien2-part question: AE CS6 Windows 10
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 3:24:48 pm

I am using AE CS6 on a couple of machines both running Windows 7 Pro.
Will this configuration likely lead to an automatic upgrade to Windows 10?
Is AE CS6 compatible with WIndows 10? Or problematic?

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: 2-part question: AE CS6 Windows 10
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 3:42:30 pm

Windows shouldn't update to 10 unless you let it. I've known of a number of people who accidentally told their machine go update to it...
(I actually like Windows 10, minus the privacy issues, which you can fix with some settings tweaks, but you probably want a new version of AE.)

After Effects CS6 does not list Windows 10 on the Adobe's system requirements page. In fact, the only version of AE that lists Windows 10 is CC 2015 (and, I would assume the new version that's probably going to release soon will list it too.)
It's always a risk going to a new OS, especially with really old software like that. I would highly recommend staying with your old OS if you want to use old software.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

John OBrienRe: 2-part question: AE CS6 Windows 10
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 4:00:02 pm

Good advice. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Claude RozsaRe: 2-part question: AE CS6 Windows 10
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 4:42:45 pm

Michael If I have read carefully all that Adobe has declared about win10 all the prior versions to version cc2015 will encounter problems with win10.
As far as I'm concerned I have set up a dual boot on my pc and loaded cc2014 on win 7 ultimate and cc2015 on win10 and for the moment use only the 2014 version not to have problems in my project.
There are different websites explaining how to install a dual boot one has only the obligation to install first win7 or earlier version, if the win 7 is an upgrade from an earlier version of the OS you have to install the first version you got and go through the different following upgrades you bought before reaching the final step to install win10 on the second partition. It can take a lot of time as the download of the different updates are very long due the very stupid way Microsoft deals with that for all the versions prior to win10. I think that with win10 at last they use the possibility of sharing resources with their clients just as Blizzard has been doing for years! It took me 15 hours to have all the security updates of win7 downloaded and set up although I'm using a fiber optic connexion at home. It took a whole night.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved