ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Pen Tool Won't Draw Mask AE CC2015

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna NguyenPen Tool Won't Draw Mask AE CC2015
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 6:25:46 pm

Hi this is driving me crazy. All of a sudden, I was working in my project and the pen tool refuses to draw a mask. I am able to draw a single point, but then the pen tool insists on being the "+" and will NOT draw another point-- I am doing a lot of masking and all of a sudden it refuses to work. Has anyone encountered this before? In the toolbar it says I am using the regular pen tool, but the cursor has the "+" next to it and is not working as the standard pen. I can draw a shape then adjust but that is an annoying workaround for my purposes. Please help me I want to murder my computer.

**Update: I just noticed that it is working for layers that are using a track matte....

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Pen Tool Won't Draw Mask AE CC2015
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 4:12:15 pm

Restart your computer.
If that doesn't work. Consider resetting your AE preferences.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Anna NguyenRe: Pen Tool Won't Draw Mask AE CC2015
by on Jul 6, 2016 at 6:11:20 pm

Just wanted to update that I was never able to figure out exactly what the problem was here, but seems to have something to do with order of operations. Certain effects, or when parenting to another layer seemed to be the determining factors.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved