ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Cannot animate a mask path with key frames

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chase LeBleuCannot animate a mask path with key frames
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 9:23:25 pm

First off, im working with a custom built windows comp with Adobe Creative Cloud - Mainly using After Effects. I have a 128GB of RAM, two Nvidia titan graphic cards, Intel Core i7-5960x CPU @ 3.00GHz, 64 bit operating system. Just wanted yall to know my system that

Im working on a scene for an upcoming independent film, the footage is 5k RED. Im doing some sky replacement and masking out cars and canoes in the background. The camera is mounted on the transom of a boat that pulls up to a dock. I created a Photoshop layer and from the footage and clone stamped the background out to the way i needed it and brought it back into AE. So i have a Photoshop layer that i need to keep in the same position of the background throughout the short scene. About 5 seconds long. Ive tried to track the background data from the footage and apply it to the mask. That worked perfect on two of the mask but Now im working on the third mask and i cannot get a good track to keep the mask in position of the background.
So ive tried to create a animated mask that re positions on the background while the boat moves towards the dock. Doesnt work. Ive watched countless tutorials and done everything i know of to make it work but it aint happening.
I basically need the mask to stay in the same spot of the background while the boat continues to move closer to the dock.

any ideas???

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved