ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy DayAfter Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 3:03:17 pm

Got a funny problem where I can open a new or old project in After Effects and the application menu in the menu bar functions as though it works. I can even import media and set preferences. The only problem is there is NOTHING on the screen whether I use the menu or not. No windows, no preview monitor. I went through (almost) every setting and the most I could get it to do is display a blank grey screen when setting the preview to a 2nd monitor.

This launched with ease when I first installed it a couple months ago. All the other Adobe programs seem to work fine. I restarted the computer but havent reinstalled it, hoping there's another way. Anyone encountered this issue?

Many thanks,
Jimmy

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:00:44 pm

Are you sure you're opening AE, and not just the renderer?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jimmy DayRe: After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:24:56 pm

Yes, thanks for the reply. I double checked and am launching from the app icon, the render icon is just below it.
After tinkering with it more I managed to get the AE windows up, but only to preview. When selecting "Show All Windows" off the icon in the panel, It brings the program interface up but when i click the window, it disappears. I gathered displays, checked the prefs and played with the workspace settings to no avail. I am starting to suspect this is operator error since the window seems to exist somewhere but I can't seem to pull it up.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:21:05 pm

Maybe reset Ae's preferences? Quit Ae and relaunch it, holding Command+Option+Shift while the application is starting.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:26:54 pm

Also, Cmd+\ (Backslash) should resize the application window (or active floating window) to fit the monitor.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Jimmy DayRe: After Effects CC on El Capitan/ 10.11.14 OPENS but shows no windows
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:30:44 pm

That did it! Thanks all!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]