COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alberto González Rodríguez
Recording a Wacom Cintiq 13HD
on Jun 2, 2016 at 9:24:32 am

Dear all,

I'm recording with a camcorder (Panasonic HC-V777EG) a Wacom screen:
https://vimeo.com/169064053

As you can see, even if I put the brightness/contrast to high, it is not possible to get a pure white color.

Goal is to merge that video with this video:
https://vimeo.com/169064104

Is there any technique to convert the screen (without affect to the hand) to white or more close to white than is now?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Recording a Wacom Cintiq 13HD
on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:11:04 pm

If you want the hand in the animation, I think it's just fine as it is.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alberto González Rodríguez
on Jun 3, 2016 at 8:59:48 am

Well,

my idea is to remove the white background to the second video (without the hand) and put over the video with the hand, but as you see in the first video the background is not white.

We are doing some "grading" but we are not able to have a (almost) perfect white in the background without affect the quiality/colors of the hand.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jun 3, 2016 at 6:40:20 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Jun 3, 2016 at 7:56:57 pm

This will be a chroma key and masking project. You'll chroma key the hand & writing instrument over the graphics, and you'll animate masks on the graphics. You will need to a lot of planning.

You will need to determine the EXACT moves you want the hand to make. You will need to transfer these moves to a piece of glass over a green (or blue) background. Light this in two different planes, one for the glass & hand, one for the background. The markings on the glass should be barely visible. Then the hand makes the moves using a non-functioning writing instrument. Make the moves slowly. You can always speed them up.

Then use animated masks to reveal the text. If you want to have the hand draw on the symbols, you have another degree of complexity in your planning.

It is also good to run tests on the lighting, keying and masking before you do this for real.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]