ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Relative path of mask and dispersion

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marek KrausRelative path of mask and dispersion
by on May 30, 2016 at 4:59:24 pm

Im an newbie AE(I have CS6) and my target is to do something similar to this:

Well, I saw something similar done by "dispersion", so I do that as dispersion with mask and Trapcode Particles (but reversed) and final composite has been reversed the "pre-final part".

As you can see, because its "Dispersion", on the begin the particles spawn somewhere at left and its "filling the text" + after fill the particles die.

So then I got the idea, I can do it with dispersion too (because it is dispersion), but the "unmasking" of logo must be relative path (or IDK how to name it, on example it is done by , where unmasking have some delay after relative path of "dispersion". Because I dont know how to do that "part" mask or how I can name it, I tried to change the mask of Dispersion Particles effect, but the particles every time respawns (IDK why).

Can anyone can gave me tips how to do it? Or link to tutorial where is done something similar (or just name of effect what can help me search) ?

Return to posts index

Greg GeschRe: Relative path of mask and dispersion
by on May 31, 2016 at 11:36:31 pm

Hi. You can use your image/text as a Layer Emitter - it's mentioned in the Help files. Then you will need to render it out and time reverse the rendered file. I think that's what your wanting.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved