ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

It is possible to link audio from Main Comp to Precomps maintain sync?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Valo BalmasedaIt is possible to link audio from Main Comp to Precomps maintain sync?
by on May 29, 2016 at 11:37:26 pm

Hello all, maybe a weird question, but I want to know if it possible to hear a playback audio from "Main Comp" synchronized, while I work and I do a preview on a PreComp inside that Main Comp?
I mean, if I want to work on a Precomp nested and being part of a Main comp, and I want to hear sound belonging to "Main Comp" it is possible? (obviusly without time remapping or another fx that could be make this impossible.
Or what the best practice to work that way?

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: It is possible to link audio from Main Comp to Precomps maintain sync?
by on May 30, 2016 at 9:16:39 am

As far as I know the only way to achieve this is to copy and paste the audio layer in your precomp, but I do not see how you could listen to the audio from the main comp while previewing a precomp.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: It is possible to link audio from Main Comp to Precomps maintain sync?
by on May 30, 2016 at 11:15:04 am

[Tudor "Ted" Jelescu] "As far as I know the only way to achieve this is to copy and paste the audio layer in your precomp"

I also make these guide layers [link], so they don't amplify the real audio from the main comp at render.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]