ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
alfredo bautistaAdd all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 27, 2016 at 1:13:00 pm

Hello guys

I usually have to type some titles on different comps. When I'm finished, i have to manually add each comp to the render queue using the "cmd + ctrl +m shortcut" or the "cmd + shift + / shortcut".
But i was wondering if there's a shortcut or script that enables me to add all the comps to the queue at the same time without having to go one by one.
This is time consuming and it could also lead to some mistakes as you can easily skip one of them and don't notice.

Thanks in advance.

Alfredo Jair

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 27, 2016 at 2:43:40 pm

Time consuming? Really? In some projects I have 24 comps to add to the render queue. I select all the desired comps at once and use the keyboard shortcut to add them. If it takes more than 20 seconds, it's because I made a mistake.

Select them using cmd-click Mac, ctl-click Win.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

alfredo bautistaRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 27, 2016 at 3:18:42 pm

I'm really glad you answered so fast Dave. My problem is that each day i have to render from 10 to 20 different comps from a project that has like 500 comps. So, searching and selecting them one by one in the project panel takes more time than adding them one by one from the timeline using the "cmd + ctrl + m" shortcut. That's why i was wondering that in this specific case it would be nice to have a shortcut that adds all the open comps in the timeline to the render queue without having to select them on the project panel.
I added a picture of my project panel for reference.
I don't know if that option even exists.
Thanks!

Alfredo Jair

Return to posts index

alfredo bautistaRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 27, 2016 at 3:19:55 pm

Alfredo Jair

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 27, 2016 at 9:29:56 pm

I haven't seen any script that will do what you want. I think I'd reorganize the project so you don't have so many comps to select from.

----- OR -----

Make a new project. Import the project with all those comps. Drag the comps you need out of the imported project's folder. Do your work. Now it's easy to add only the comps you need to the Render Queue.

It's not so great if you have to save the changes or if you have to import new footage all the time. But it is an option.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jay muellerRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 28, 2016 at 1:26:32 pm

As you work, add a word to the comps you know you will render, something unique. Ie: RENDER. then you could use the find feature to only show the comps you'd like to render select all and shortcut them to render que.

Return to posts index

Greg C NeumayerRe: Add all open comps to render queue SHORTCUT
by on May 30, 2016 at 5:51:58 pm

That sounds like a good case for someone to write a script.

But notwithstanding the other good solutions, I like to add an underscore to any of my top-level comps that I'll be rendering or at least dropping into a master comp. I also add the word "main" for the top level, if I only have one eventual output comp. This helps me identify them for rendering, as well as keeps them floated to the top of my Project Window for easy access when moving between main sections. Just a workflow idea.

e.g. : _MainProject, _Section1, _Section2 etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]