ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Need assistence with motion tracking!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie WilsonNeed assistence with motion tracking!
by on May 24, 2016 at 7:19:08 pm

I've figured out the basics of it okay and I can easily get text to want. But I have some animated text that I made within Adobe After effects. It's currently in a ore-composition / group. I this to be in the motion tracking but I can figure this out.

If anyone wants to get into skype with me and talk me through it or join my teamspeak and talk me through it that would be great

Other wise I'll try follow instructions left by you in the replies

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Need assistence with motion tracking!
by on May 24, 2016 at 9:10:33 pm

I don't understand the issue you're having. You can apply tracking data to anything in AE including compositions. I usually apply tracking data to a null object and then parent whatever it is I want to add to the scene to the null.

Unless you're talking about using the camera tracker, in which case, you can simply create a null based off of any tracking point you would like and then set the position of your composition to be in that same spot.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Need assistence with motion tracking!
by on May 24, 2016 at 10:14:16 pm

--- OR-----

You could go to the Adobe web site and look for motion tracking video tutorials.

--- OR ---

You can also go to imagineer web site to look at their wealth of tutorials for Mocha AE, too.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved