ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Video upscale

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeromy Boutwell
Video upscale
on May 23, 2016 at 5:27:03 pm

First of all I am a rookie and learning... My boss asked me to do a reel for his kid that is graduating college, so I did a cool 1920x1080 presentation with a lot of moving parts. When I got the videos to put in it they are all 720x480. If I put the video in and upscale then render out at 720 will they keep the upscale or will they keep the integrity of the original file on the smaller render?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Video upscale
on May 23, 2016 at 6:44:16 pm

I don't understand your question. Please try rewording it.

How are you planning to upscale the tiny video? Why are you rendering out at 720?

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jeromy Boutwell
on May 23, 2016 at 6:54:50 pm

I re-read and boggled myself even. So here is the issue. I built this thing at 1920x1080 and got all the vids that were supposed to go in the document, at 720. I tried Comp Setter to shrink the comps and document and that worked except nothing changed with my moving parts, I would have to pretty much restructure, so then I may as well rebuild. I am spending way to much time on this thing at this point. Just want to be able to put the vids in and render. What would be my best way to go about this issue? Thank you very much for helping me out on this. I am already bald, so can't pull hair out!

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on May 23, 2016 at 7:17:22 pm

Upscale the incoming videos to 1080. Then everything will fit nicely.
You can do this with Premiere, third-party plugins, or (if you're using a CC version of AE,) the Detail-Preserving Upscale effect.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Jeromy Boutwell
on May 23, 2016 at 7:21:35 pm

Will give that a shot, I placed the 720s in and it was pulling apart pretty good. Thank you for your time...

Return to posts index

Nathan Walters
on May 23, 2016 at 7:33:24 pm

RedGiant has a plugin called Instant4k that allows you to upscale images and it does a good job at sharpening lines and dealing with aliasing, in order to improve the quality of the upscaling. You should download the trial of it and see if it helps you get the results you're looking for.

Nathan Walters
Halo Union Productions
http://www.HaloUnion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]