ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D layers streching when I'm rotating them

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bouleux
3D layers streching when I'm rotating them
on May 23, 2016 at 11:24:30 am

Hi Guys !

I have a weird issue with a 3D layer, that I never got before.

When I'm changing the rotation value of a layer, it stretch in a horrible way, even on the view from above. But if I look at the scale value, the proportions remains fine.

I'm putting some screenshots for you guys (sorry for the french interface, I simplified it for you)

Without rotation, the layer's fine

And when you rotate the layer just a little...

Any help will be appreciated !

Return to posts index

Julian Bouleux
Re: 3D layers streching when I'm rotating them
on May 23, 2016 at 1:25:56 pm

I found a solution...without understanding how.

The stretching issue was apparently due to the fact that the layer was an illustrator file, and was imported as a comp element with his own size (not the one of the original illustrator document - not sure if I'm clear here).

I imported the same element but with the illustrator file's dimensions, and now it's working perfectly fine.

Is it one of the limitations of dynamic link ? Maybe...

Anyway, I can thankfully move on on my projet now ! But of course if someone got the explanation to this, it will be super appreciated !

Julian Bouleux
JumanCreative

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
on May 23, 2016 at 4:40:01 pm

When you create a 3D layer, you also want to create a camera, so that you can control the length and placement of the virtual camera and lens focal length. It looks to me like AE is defaulting to an extremely wide-angle virtual lens, placed very close to your object; hence, when you rotate it, it's showing virtual distortion from the width of the lens. Creating a camera with a longer focal length will flatten that distortion when the layer rotates.

Return to posts index

Julian Bouleux
on May 24, 2016 at 8:34:49 am

I created the camera soon after, (300mm focal lenght), same problem. In fact I noticed that when I was rotating this layer the X scale of it stay the same, as if it was projected directly on the Z axis (hope that's clear enough haha).
Still no idea on what the issue is, but I'm already happy to have found my way out of this !

Julian Bouleux
JumanCreative

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]