ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3D tracking to a rotating object

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michel Victor3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 21, 2016 at 1:57:39 pm

I am searching a solution for this for about 2 weeks, I use this forum in years but I never had a account, but finally I created because I didn't find a sollution for my problem.

Well what I want is someway to tracking an object rotating in 3D space and apply it into element 3D.
All tutorials I found in the internet used the 3D Camera Tracker wich works almost fine, but the problem is:
When I use 3D Camera Track a head rotating for exemplo, what I have is a camera rotating around the head, this plugin though that my head is stoped and what is moving is the camera.
When I create a 3D object in element, he attach perfectly in my head, but the problem start to happen when I try for exemple to create a light in my scene. When my head turns the light turns too, because the camera is rotating.

What I want is to capture the camera solve 3d data and try to transcode to the rotation and position of the element 3D.

Or maybe use another way to track the head rotation and paste the 3D data to a 3D null and attach my element 3D to this null.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to achieve.

Return to posts index

Soham JaniRe: 3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 21, 2016 at 6:38:39 pm

Well I'm not sure we know what you're really trying to say. Mind posting some screenshots? Or maybe a video of the sort?

"It's all around us Neo, temporary constructs of time....."

Return to posts index

Michel VictorRe: 3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 21, 2016 at 6:59:17 pm

This is my scene

I create a 3d camera into mocha and its working fine, the claws are rotating perfectly, but in fact the claws are not moving in the world, the camera is.

So for example if I put a light in the scene

When the camera moves the light moves too

What I want is not a camera that rotate into the object, I want the 3d object rotate.

Because is not the camera is rotating in this scene, is just my hand, so I want just the 3d object moving and not the entire scene.

There is a way to get the keyframes in the camera and transcode to a 3d null or any 3d object?

Return to posts index

hanna deanRe: 3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 21, 2016 at 7:00:36 pm

give me your email or skype id il contact u now

Return to posts index

by on May 21, 2016 at 6:56:07 pm

if you want to track head , 3d object and all known globabl objects such as water , car, xxx rotatiing ,box rotating

nothing can be done this accurate without the help of mocho pro.

get your self mocha pro,

youtube mocha to after effects.

youtube mocha rotate track, mocha after effects track,

standalone after effects trackers its complete useless , its good for still objects or objects facing front only

Return to posts index

by on May 21, 2016 at 6:59:34 pm

am tracking helicopter in mocha pro as am typing then use the tracking data in after effects.

mocha pro is problem solver.

Return to posts index

by on May 21, 2016 at 7:02:17 pm

I am using it too, but I don't know how to export the 3D data into a 3d null for exemplo, I am using right now the camera solver.

Return to posts index

by on May 21, 2016 at 7:03:44 pm

give me your skype id wil chat live my id hanna21460 come there

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: 3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 23, 2016 at 6:03:28 pm

You could always parent the light to the camera, so that the lights and camera don't move in relation to each other.

Return to posts index

by on May 23, 2016 at 6:56:04 pm

Wow, how didn't I think about that haha, it's a very easy to way to solve the light problem.

Return to posts index

Blaise DourosRe: 3D tracking to a rotating object
by on May 23, 2016 at 10:10:13 pm

A lot of AE problems become simple if you approach them in a different light (har har). As long as that object is the only thing in 3D space that matters, you just rotate the whole world around that object!

I basically did the same thing in this intro to a web video:

The third shot is a big spinning piece of carbon fiber with text around it; the carbon is actually spinning on a wire, but I tracked it with the 3D Camera Tracker and made the camera "orbit" in space to follow its motion. Then all I had to do was place the text and particles; I didn't have to animate them, because the camera does all the work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]